As much as half of the energy used in your business or home goes to cooling. So making smart decisions about your heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system can have a big effect on your utility bills — and your comfort.
During the year, your air conditioning system accumulates dust and dirt, making it less efficient. That means higher utility bills. Industry studies show that almost two-thirds of all service calls are due to issues caused by lack of a regular air conditioning tune-ups and maintenance.
An Air Conditioning Tune Up can help maintain your equipment while preventing future problems and unwanted costs. In order to keep your cooling and heating system at peak performance, you should schedule annual, pre-season check-ups. System efficiency and energy savings will be critical in the heat of the summer, so it's best to check the cooling system in the spring.
Your Air Conditioning Tune Up takes about one hour for a typical home or small business.
FREE Air Conditioning Tune Up for PEPCO Maryland Small Business and Multi-Family Properties (conditions apply)
Your 21-Point Air Conditioning Precision Tune-Up and Professional Cleaning Includes:
- Calibrate and level thermostat
- Clean filters as needed
- Monitor volts/amps on fan motor
- Lubricate and inspect bearings for wear
- Clean indoor coil if accessible
- Flush/treat condensate drain with anti-algae
- Inspect condenser coil
- Monitor operating pressure of refrigerant
- Inspect safety devices for proper operation
- Inspect disconnect box for proper rating and installation
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Test/inspect contactors for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical system for exposed wiring
- Test and inspect capacitors
- Inspect fan blade
- Clean condenser coil and remove debris
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Measure temperature difference – supply/return
- Inspect duct work for energy loss
- Monitor compressor for proper amperage, volt draw & wiring connections
- Clean debris from around the condenser
PEPCO Trade Ally Promotion
PEPCO offers incentives to improve the operating efficiency of Air Conditioning equipment and systems in commercial buildings, and reduce energy costs without adversely impacting facility or system operations. Through their Trade Ally program, PEPCO makes these tune-ups available at no charge to small business, multi-family properties, as well as other commercial entities.